October 25, 2012
Have you heard the news? The future Gillispie playing field is moving to 7411 Fay Avenue!
- A larger field with a great location: The planned playing surface of the Fay property is approximately 33% larger than the proposed field would have been on Girard.
- Less expensive: The development of the field on Fay is less expensive because we do not have to demolish and rebuild a parking lot, reducing our original “Field of Dreams” fundraising goal from $2 million to $1.8 million.
- Same timeline: Due to the relative simplicity of the plan, we expect this project’s timing to be roughly the same as that of Girard, with a late spring completion date.
- No variances: Unlike the Girard property, the Fay property is zoned for recreational and school use, which greatly simplifies the construction permit process.
- Options: The Board of Trustees and administration will analyze and decide on the future of the Girard property.
- Only $200K left to go: Thanks to all the families who have donated to date, we’ve raised $1.6 million of the $1.8 million needed to finish our “Field of Dreams!”
Come join us for coffee at the Fay Avenue gate after the Halloween Parade on October 31. We will have the preliminary design drawings there to help answer any questions you might have.
Rochelle Bold Jennifer McIlvaine Haeyoung Tang
Co-Chairs of the Gillispie School “Field of Dreams” Campagin