December 15, 2011
One of the gifts of the holiday season is the opportunity for spending time with multiple generations, and Gillispie dedicates this Friday’s holiday programs to grandparents and dear family friends who have shared their wisdom and touched the lives of young children. Below are thoughts from some Gillispie children.
From some of our kindergartners:
- I love to spend the night at Grandma’s because she makes the best macaroni and cheese.
- I love to go to the desert because I like to ride motorcycles with grandpa!
- I love to check the rat traps with grandpa [in the tomato garden].
- I love to play board games with my grandma and grandpa because it’s fun.
- I love my grandma because she feels nice.
In an acrostic poem written by a third grader describing her grandparents:
- G reat storyteller
- R emarkable cook
- A wesome
- M agnificent teacher
- M emorable person
- A n Italy lover
- G reat frog feeder
- R emarkable boat driver
- A wesome style
- N ice looking
- D elightful Grandpa
- P erfect traveler
- A mazing person
May this holiday season bring your family’s generations together to share their love, energy, and unique perspectives.
Head of School
P.S. Don’t forget to join us tomorrow for Grandparents & Special Friends Day and our annual holiday programs.
- The Gillispie Choir performs at the beginning of each show:
- Preschool Rm. 2 through Prekindergarten: 9-9:30 a.m.
- Grades K-2: 10:30-11 a.m.
- Grades 3-6: 1:30-2:15 p.m.