FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINESIn an effort to offer a quality independent school education to those who might not otherwise be able to afford one, The Gillispie School offers a financial aid program. Since funds for financial aid are limited, it is important for the School to carefully consider each applicant to ensure those with the most need are being served. Financial aid is available to assist with the payment of tuition and is awarded without regard to race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
The School utilizes the online services of School and Student Services (SSS by NAIS) to help us objectively assess what a family is able to contribute to its student’s educational expenses. The SSS analysis of a family’s “Estimated Family Contribution (EFC)” is a critical component of our financial aid decision and we use the SSS figures as the baseline. We also consider our total financial aid budget, our school’s policies, and the needs of our entire applicant pool.
TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Click on the PFS logo above (or go to https://sss.secure.force.com/familyportal).
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- You will set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and a password.
- Complete the PFS (Parents’ Financial Statement).
- All Early Childhood levels should select “PK-Pre Kindergarten” for the grade.
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($41). This fee is nonrefundable.
- Applicants who fail to meet the application deadline lose their priority for funding.
- All awards are contingent upon receipt of and verification of information on your 2015 income tax returns.
- Financial aid awards will not be allocated if the account carries a past due balance. In the event where a financial aid award is made and the account of the previous year is delinquent, the School reserves the right to withdraw the financial aid offer.
- Notification of awards for new applicants will be approximately March 17, 2017 in order to allow families to make timely enrollment decisions.
- Prior-year recipients of financial aid who have not submitted their 2015 tax return will not be eligible to apply for financial aid until the return is submitted.
- Granting of financial aid is made on an annual basis and all recipients must re-apply for each school year.
- In the case of a separated or divorced family, absent compelling circumstances, the school will require both parents to complete all of the requirements for applying for financial aid.
- The Gillispie School reserves the right to withdraw any offer or award of financial aid if it is determined that the application is incomplete, false, or includes misleading information.
- FINANCIAL AID TIMELINE FOR NEW APPLICANTS
- February 3, 2017: Deadline to submit applications to SSS
- February 3, 2017: Deadline to submit 2015 previous tax returns to business office (for new applicants)
- March 17, 2017: Notify recipients of amount of aid or denial
- April 20, 2017: Deadline to submit 2016 tax returns